2 weeks ago, I brought up a handful of ideas based on why you might might be screwing up your diet and training combination. Today we’re going to cover exactly why you’re messing up, and how to fix it.
1. Nutritional Tracking, and Accountability
As I mentioned, most people mess this up because they
- get too lax with their tracking
- try to rely on ‘eyeballing’ their intake
- saying ‘to hell with it’ and sabotaging themselves
And by doing any of the above, you’ll likely not make the progress you want.
Scratch that. I know you won’t make the progress you want.
Tracking your intake is just as important as nailing your training sessions with intensity and consistency. Why?
- recovery and nutrient insurance
- it ensures you have the data to make sound, logical changes when necessary
When you track your intake accurately, and properly, you ensure you get enough of the right nutrients. Time and time again, many of my potential clients and readers complain of their inability to hit their protein targets. [Read more…]